Sunday, April 06, 2008

UAB: Accepted!

I received an email this morning notifying me that I've been officially invited into the University of Alabama at Birmingham's (UAB) Integrative Biomedical Sciences (IBS) graduate program. Wow! I just got back from the interview two days ago! My decision whether or not to join has to be made by April 15th, but I was very impressed by UAB, both in my research here and during my recent interview. Now I'm pretty sure it's where I want to go, but I still have one last interview.

I'm going to try and reschedule my Arkansas interview to this weekend so I can make a decision based on having seen both schools, but UAMS is really in for a hard sell if they expect to beat out UAB. This is great news!

3 comments:

Travis said...

Chase, that is so awesome! I knew they were going to accept you. I didn't know they would do it so soon though! I look forward to hearing how Arkansas goes, you have a week and a half to decide!

AJ said...

Bama would be my choice of the two. B'ham is a Southern friendly metropolitan city. Any School would be lucky to get such an intelligent and creative person.
Go for it!
:) AJ

tater said...

I was at UAB this Friday for an interview . . . wow, what an institution! I should know their decision by Tuesday . . . you might be my classmate!