Saturday, April 05, 2008

The UAB Interview

My interview with UAB was fantastic!


I stayed on the tenth floor of the beautiful Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, and when I checked in, they gave me an unbelievable cookie.

We ate at the Macaroni Grill with UAB grad students, but the conversation was so interesting I could hardly think of food. We talked and laughed for hours.

The next day, I interviewed with five faculty members, and had a wonderful conversation with each of them, especially Dr. Lamartiniere, the program director. I could hardly contain myself! I must have asked those faculty more questions by a factor of ten than they asked me. I couldn't hear enough.

Near the end of my last interview, tornado sirens started blaring in the city, and I was driven straight to the airport after we were finished talking. When I got home, I was very happy about how everything went. If you want a more detailed run-down, click here.

1 comment:

Travis said...

They would be lucky to have you good sir.