Thursday, July 03, 2008

Celebrating Diplomacy

Great news! I just got my diploma yesterday in the mail! It's a great feeling to finally have it, knowing I've worked so long and hard to get the thing that's printed on it: "The Degree of Bachelors of Science", a BS. Strangely enough, it doesn't have my major written anywhere on it, but that's okay; I have Biochemistry tattooed on my heart (besides, now I can say I've mastered all of science indiscriminately, including psychology).


In addition to the thrill of just getting my diploma, I now also have something nice to put in that super high-quality, super-expensive diploma frame that my parents gave me for graduation. It's taken a couple months, but they're finally together. Now I can display my degree in effluent elegance a for the rest of my life, and I will never again have to worry about how to fill that empty void between the lion's head and thirty-year scotch over the fireplace.

Furthermore, for when I'm out on the town and, perhaps, happen to make an impossibly unintelligent comment, caught in need of proof of my academic qualifications, I've also been issued a "Pocket-ploma", a laminated card-sized copy of my official intelligence certification to whip out for inspection at a moment's notice. Never be without your papers.

Here are some more pictures:


Happy to finally have everything in its proper place. Framed and in my hands.



Even the imaginary room animals got in on the bid. Action Ninja Monkey could hardly keep in his excitement, while Affirming Wall Face was just smiling eyeball to eyeball the whole time, simply bursting with pride. Even the Vaguely Ironic Witch of the Closet stopped by to see the newly arrived NON-imaginary addition to the home.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Where did all those animals and witches come from? A computer program or a jar of paint?