Monday, July 11, 2005

Beware of the Jazz

I deleted my last entry for various reasons; all of which I now believe were kind of superficial and would not exist if I wrote it in physical journal.

It's after midnight and I will not stay up much longer. Tomorrow will be my first day at my second job as well as the first 8 hour day I've worked all summer. ^_^d It's at Dollar General. I think getting rest tonight will be important since I'll probably be unloading a truck or some similar task that will require me to have a bit more than four hours of sleep. I'm thankful for this opportunity to work longer hours (and possibly for better pay), but at the same time I'm a little anxious. I mean, I haven't worked more than four hours at a time since the summer began. I guess I'm a little afraid I won't be able to handle working a full day or that I'll be just as bad at this as I am as a frycook. It's bitter-sweet. I'll definitely have less me-time, but I'm kind of sick of that anyway. Hopefully working more will make the summer burn away a little faster, and I'll even salvage a bit of money from my all but wasted summer. I guess if I had to put how I feel about this in one word, it would be... Okay, so I don't know what it would be, but I'll have more of an idea once I've had my first day.

If you ask me, though, my summer is looking seriously up! I had a wonderful time as a UFO at the Campbell orientation this weekend where I got to see old friends, eat good food, ride some rides, get to know a few freshmen, and even keep a free awesome T-shirt with "STAFF" written on the sleeve! I have that new job I'll b starting tomorrow, which is exciting and new. My family is moving into a new house at the end of the month (so I'll finally get my surround-sound DVD player back). To top my good things list, I bought a much needed new ink cartrage for my favorite, favorite pen and a new T-shirt today. I even had a frappichino--a much needed frappichino. Haha!

Funny thing. I had turned on a jazz station when I got in the car to go out. When I was drinking that frappichino, I realized I was freakin' listening to jazz and drinking a frappichino! This proves my theory that there are subliminal coffee ads in jazz music. That's why jazz fans drink so much expresso! I swear, If I would have been wearing my beret, I'm almost certain I would have been compelled start smoking and write a bunch of bad angsty poetry, then jump out and read it at unsuspecting bystanders! THAT, my friends, is where criminals come from. They aren't born, they just listen to jazz...

Actually, I love jazz, and I love frapichinos. It was pretty awesome to get both at once! ^_^d

I really should go to bed now.

No comments: