Sunday, June 11, 2006

Wonderful Storm

Tonight there was a spectacular storm. My brothers woke me up from a nap and told me to come downstairs because of some kind of severe weather warning for our area. I was a little grumpy since I was listening to the relaxing sounds of the Pacific Ocean on my iPod, not to mention the rain and wind against my window, so I was drowsy and didn't want to move an inch, but the sound of the thunder was incredible and frequent. There were long and spider-like flashes of lightning that stayed lit for up to two seconds! Outside, the rain was so hard it looked like a fog that was just making a lot of noise. Man, there is nothing like a storm. As powerful and dangerous as they can sometimes be, I think they are one of the most beautiful things in this world.

Three of us stood out on the front porch after the rain was mostly over to watch the last bolts of lightning streak, and some were very spectacular. We talked and laughed a lot, and it was a wonderful scene. Storms like the kind we saw tonight don't happen very often around here, so it was a real treasure. I hope a lot of people got so sit on their porch and watch that beautiful monster storm.

No comments: